Religion says do. Christ says DONE.
The Bible is infallible and is the only revelation from God, who exists in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That’s what we believe, because 2 Timothy 3:16 says “All scripture is given by inspiration of God.” Because of this, we convene regular teaching/ministry meetings.
The Lord Jesus
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. 1 Timothy 3:16
- He became human and was born of the virgin Mary. Luke 1:30-35
- Jesus Christ died for sinners. 1 Corinthians 15:3
- God raised Him from the dead . 1 Peter 1:21
The Gospel Message
- in the total sinfulness of mankind. Romans 3:23
- in the inability of man to save himself. Ephesians 2:8-9
- that Christ bore the judgement of sin for the sinner on the cross. 1 Peter 3:18
- that man must repent of sin and place faith in Christ. Acts 17:30, Acts 16:31
- that salvation is eternal. John 3:16, John 10:28
Who can be baptised?
- Those who believe – Mark 16:16, Acts 2:41
What does baptism do?
- it DOES NOT wash away sin
- it signifies the believers death, burial and resurrection with the Lord Jesus Romans 6:4
What does it signify?
- it is an outward demonstration of an inward change that has previously taken place.
- it is an opportunity for Christians to declare publicly their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.