Witnessing for Christ to the area since 1886
How it began…
It all started back in 1841, when Christians in the established Church all over England were concerned about a lack of reality in the established Church. They moved with a desire to obey Bible teaching regarding the simplicity of gathering solely to the name of the Lord Jesus and so they began to meet together.
Originally, the Christians met in Steeple Bumpstead, in a hall which has since been converted into a house – the Gospel Hall at Helions Bumpstead was then built in 1886. Ever since its formation, the Gospel Hall has been regularly attended by ordinary people who have trusted the Lord Jesus as their Saviour, and seek to reach out with the Gospel to the surrounding locality.